Thursday, June 11, 2009

Of Books

Got 3 new books. Actually, there are more books that i purchased lately but 3 in particular special to me.

An Anfield Anthology
Written by Paul Tomkins, an ex-semi-pro-turn-to-be-writer provide insight on modern football works and how much current modern football managers under pressure. Of course, it's about Rafael Benitez though there are also about the game itself, the new stadium, the KOP hero and lots of things. Well written in my opinion with balanced view from both managers and fans POV. I'm glad i bought this book really, it has really good substance in it.

How Starbucks Saved My Life
This book is about one man struggle to reboot his life but it's more than just memoir of a man but rather a good lesson on diversity, perception, positive energy and man management. Moments where you could almost shed your tears, a great book though there are times whereby the story get quite draggy especially on flashback parts. I have no complaints as it provide avenue to compare and contrast the author life journey from riches to rags.

The Winner Stands Alone
Present from loved one, yet to read it since I'm too keen to finish the first 2 books. Look like interesting, I also have 3 books written by Paulo Coelho which could keep me busy for months. Hope to be able to read it soon.

3 comments:

Ayub.skod.mg said...

nice. buat baca kat airport pon nice tu

Anonymous said...

The Winner Stands Alone sounds.. good. pinjam later2? :P

dueng said...

ayub: hoho. memang baca kat airport pun. hehehe.

adek: buleh2. :)