Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Holland Attack!

Alternative music or indie music; always be my choice. Am not an aficionado so to speak however the interest in digging better and quality alternative/indie music always sparks adrenaline rush in my head. Lately, I found new jewels of alternative/indie music, well, thanks to certain particular person who some sort introduce it to me. I was browsing the status page when I came across Within Temptation youtube link shared by Man.

I thought to myself; hey, I know Within Temptation. I used to listen to their songs. I used to listen to Memories, Angels and Ice Queen. Of course I like Memories the most, Sharon den Adel is so kicking Amy Lee of Evanessence ass, at least that's what I thought. The earlier album more symphonic rock and gothic metal which make it totally awesome. You should sample Memories and Angels to get the idea how symphonic rock and gothic metal sounds like.

Newest single from Within Temptation called Utopia featuring Chris Jones is deep and moving me in so many ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIvlihb2Ms

Sorry, no embedded video is allowed. Sharon's high pitch voice with Chris' husky rocking voice blend into musical beauty, cliche but the lyrics and melody echoes in your wake and sleep! (some exaggeration doesn't hurt, eh?)

Next item on my quest for indie/alternative music bring me to another rock band from Holland. Yeah, the small country of Holland have more than just tulips, drug and sex capital of Europe, total football, total hockey and colonial master of Indonesia and few other nations! If Within Temptation regarded as one of the best musical export of Holland, the other spectrum of Holland musical export that catches my eyes (and ears respectively) is Cloudmachine. This is one of the most famous indie band in Holland; regarded as Holland hidden pride of local scene. Well, who am I to argue on that?

My sampling become easier cause they release their album in Mininova.org. Yes, the same Mininova which used to be single most important entity for TV series torrent download, movies, warez etc etc now become a legit content distributor. They still stick to torrent as medium of file sharing however the contents is for general distribution license and free materials; a suitable ground for indie artist to distribute their album electronically.

Cloudmachine - Hum Of Life (2006) torrent

Give Cloudmachine a try, it might worth your time.

Picture source: http://www.cloudmachine.nl/#

No comments: