Monday, March 02, 2009

My Soft Spot

I have few fetish/favorite things which I can't resist. Cute; married women, a good song synch with old memories, favorite tv show etc.

I especially have soft spot for one particular song: Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel. Before that, a "canon" is a melody that contains one or more imitations melodies played after a given duration. The original piece composed by Johann Pachelbel for violins hence explains why string instrument like piano and violins given the best sound to this piece.

I watched "My Sassy Girl" movie, korean version when i first encountered this song. Played by the heroine for her hero, it such a beautiful piece and resonant best with love story. It gives the impression of "tears of happiness" everytime i listen to this piece.

It's like a lackluster old memories that surface every now and then which reminds you that life is beautiful and great for once in your life. I feel like crying out loud but i just appreciate that the fact that i once achieve such happiness, i couldn't help myself from being happy. Tear rolling down my cheeks yet my heart budding with love (figuratively of course!).

I realize that things such as insignificant as a simple song could move men to tears, burn their spirit, putting sympathy into most coldest heart, breeding hatred, building patriotism and such. I have to agree that, the quickest and simplest form of poetry is in song, given its melody or lyrics.

Such simple yet beauty creation move the world. The right words, the right sound could resonate your heart and get you going!

Choose your words carefully and say it nicely, may you sweep somebody off their feet today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my sassy girl is the best korean movie, at least for me la

Kucing Kertas said...

i LOIKE 'My Sassy Girl'!
besh! besh! all time feveret.
the ost 'i believe' pun besh jgk!
penah la try nk meyn Canon in D using keyboard, tp tak reti2. haha..failed!

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

conclusion: dueng is soft~ (eh?) :p guro je.ampun2.slamat hr raye!

dueng said...

bet: cool movie eh? i loike it.

eme: haha. keep on trying. may you get it one day

syud: wah kamu...nakal ye. :P